Trompe l'Oeil literally means "To Fool The Eye".
As adults, we obtain a sense of security in our
ability to distinguish between what is real and what is not.
When confronted with something that – if only for an instant – makes
us question our perception of reality, we are intrigued and experience
a thrill like a child at a magic show.
About This Drawing Workshop:
I'm very excited to offer this workshop where you will learn the realistic drawing techniques that I'm most known for. I'll take you step by step to render this illusion.
If you are unfamiliar with the phrase, Trompe l'Oeil is a French term literally meaning "to deceive the eye." It dates back as far as 400 B.C. and was
part of the rich culture of the Greek and Roman Empires. It is
artwork that attempts to be so realistic that the viewer is fooled
into thinking that actual three-dimensional objects are being
displayed rather than a two-dimensional representation of those
Traditionally, the preferred
medium for this type of fine art has been oil painting, but using my
techniques of blending charcoal and graphite pencils, you'll be able to create a drawing that will amaze the viewer.
- Successful trompe l'Oeil artwork should, at least temporarily, fool the viewer into thinking that real objects are being displayed.
- You will learn how to create the delicate smooth shading and crisp clean edges required to create this convincing illusion.
- High contrast is also necessary to "fool the eye" and you'll learn the techniques and pencils to use to make the image "pop".
- The techniques and concepts you learn here will transfer to any subject you draw in the future.
- Compositional aspects of trompe l'oeil will also be explored so you will leave with the knowledge to set up and execute your own successful trompe l'Oeil drawing.
- As with all my workshops, you are encouraged to bring examples of your
previous work for me to evaluate privately.
All supplies are included so there is absolutely nothing you will need to bring except your desire to learn.
If you are concerned about "not being good enough" to take this class. Let me assure you that you will do fine. I've had kids as young as 10 years old learn these techniques with amazing results.
Because this is a new subject and I have had a lot of requests to do a trompe l'oiel workshop, I expect this class to sell out quickly. If you would like to join me and be one of 20 enthusiastic students to learn the techniques necessary to create these amazing illusions...
100% Secure Order Form - Your Privacy is Protected